With 60% of your yearly electricity bill going toward heating and cooling your home, it makes good sense to look for ways to reduce your usage and your bills.
That's where the COOL SAVINGS REBATE Program comes in. If you're looking to replace your old central air conditioning or heating systems with ENERGY STAR® qualified models, then we have attractive rebates to help you do just that. If you have never had a programmable thermostat installed in your home, this may be the time to consider one since we have rebates for those as well!
To start on your way to rebate savings, find a participating heating and cooling contractor, click HERE.
An electricity-efficient furnace and an ENERGY STAR qualified central air conditioning system will help you:
- Save electricity and money
- Make your home more comfortable
And you’ll be doing something good for the environment at the same time!
Good news! By making the important decision to replace your heating and/or cooling system with more efficient models, you could qualify for up to $550 in rebates.
To view or print a helpful checklist on how to buy a heating and cooling system for your home click here.
To get your COOL SAVINGS REBATE, you'll need to find a participating contractor. This trained and experienced technician will help you choose the right energy-efficient system – one that’s best for your home and meets your specific needs. For full rebate submission details, please check the 'Am I Eligible?' and 'How to Claim your Rebate' sections.
Tell Me More About The Rebates!
Rebates are available for residents and businesses (with residential-type systems) of Ontario who purchase and install their new central heating or cooling equipment through a participating contractor.
- $25 rebate when you replace your old non-programmable thermostat with one that is programmable and have it purchased and installed by a participating contractor.
- $125 rebate when you have an existing furnace replaced with the purchase and installation of a mid or high-efficiency furnace with an Electronically Commutated Motor (ECM).
- $250 rebate when you have an existing central air conditioner (CAC) replaced with the purchase and installation of an ENERGY STAR qualified CAC system, heat pump or ductless split system (NOTE: ENERGY STAR qualified criteria = minimum 14.5 SEER and 12 EER ).
- $400 rebate when you have an existing CAC replaced with the purchase and installation of a stand-alone CEE "Tier 2" level central air conditioning system or ground source heat pump.
(NOTE: "Tier 2" level qualified criteria = minimum 15 SEER and 12.5 EER ).
Want to save even more? Find out about Natural Resources Canada's ecoEnergy Retrofit grants and rebates.